Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sun-Dried Tomato Sub Sandwich



It feels ridiculous to post such an idiot proof recipe, I mean come on, its really just tossing a sandwich together with some fancy dressing.... from a bottle..... But the greatness was in the details and really it turned out fantastic. I needed a meal to make for the family that would be delicious, quick and thrown together in a jiff so I could dash out the door to class. And I didn't want to just slap two pieces of bread together, toss it on their plates and call it a meal. By simply taking a little more time with it, baking it and presenting it like it was the most amazing culinary achievement, I mananged to impress my family with a.... sandwich. I am now craving just writing about it.

Sun-Dried Tomato Sub Sandwich:

1 loaf of italian bread
1 cup of sun-dried tomato italian dressing
thinly sliced turkey breast and roast beef sandwich meat
sliced cheddar
1 large tomato thinly sliced
spinach or lettuce leaves

Instructions:
*With a bread knife, slice italian loaf lengthwise
*Lay open face on a cookie sheet and brush with dressing on both sides
*Put under hot broiler for 2-3 minutes, watch it so it doesn't burn!
*Remove from oven and layer meat, then cheddar, put back under the broiler for one more minute to melt the cheese a smidge
*Take out and add the tomato and lettuce
*Put the top on, slice, savor and enjoy!

~I doubled the recipe so there was plenty for seconds and leftovers for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment