Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Food For El Salvador

I recently decided to take my love of cooking to a whole other level.... or rather, country.  I will be traveling to La Libertad, El Salvador this Summer with my church, Church of the Open Door ( non-denominational) to work in a nutrition center that provides hot and healthy meals to the people of the area who would not otherwise be able to eat.  This area was hard hit by floods and mud slides last Fall and many "homes" were destroyed.  I put homes in quotes because what qualifies as a home in La Libertad, would not be offered to many of our pets as homes.  So, I will be joining a team to go and cook for the people, play with the children, translate when I can and share whatever I can.  If you would like to help support me in raising the money to bless the people of El Salvador, please follow the ChipIn link to the right and make a gift securely via PayPal.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment