Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not-Quite-Fetuccini Alfredo


This dish has been a staple in my home for the entire 8 years of my marriage. It is super quick, inexpensive, relatively healthy and can be customized to fit your particular tastes. The "Not-Quite" part is due to the fact that I've never actually used fetuccini noodles for it. I use egg noodles or bow tie pasta most of the time. The majority of times I make it, it remains mostly meatless. But in the past I have added in grilled chicken strips, shrimp, and crab meat. All of my children love it, even my elusive 6th Marks!

1 box of bow tie pasta
1 small container of sour cream
1 can of reduced fat mushroom soup
5 cooked stips of bacon crumbled
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch DIP mix
1/2 cup of butter
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook pasta per instructions on box
2. Drain pasta and add remaining ingredients into pan with pasta
3. Stir gently and warm through

~as I said above, at this point you can add in grilled chicken, cooked shrimp or crab pieces
~this meal almost always is joined by some crusty garlic bread and frozen green peas (cooked of course), it adds beautiful color to the plate and is delicious

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for coming to my site and for the comments. Hope you win the giveaway and to see you more of your great cooking ideas on the net. Take care, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete